Qualities of a Devotee
- A Kriyayogi should possess unflinching faith, devotion, and love towards Shyama Charan Lahiree; regard Him with heart and soul as the Almighty.
- He must be sadhana-oriented till death.
- He should strictly abide by the ideals of Lahiree Mahasaya, God of Householders i.e blend domestic existence with sadhana practise.
- He should have all round integrity, should be compassionate and loving, should be able to create a bonding in the Kriyaban fraternity.
- He should be self-effacing.
- He should be above rancour and discord, should not indulge in slander or groupism, and should posses an all-encompassing mind harbouring broad-mindedness.
- The Kriyayoga devotee should absolutely surrender to the Lotus feet of Lahiree Mahasaya and his Guru unquestioningly.
- He should annihilate his ego and abide by the commands of his Guru.
- He should revere and love his Guru unconditionally and with bowed head accept Guru’s admonishings.
- The Kriyayoga devotee should gradually endeavour to go beyond material attachments.
- He should be dispassionate and should try to annihilate vices as early as possible.
- He should be totally surrendered to Kriya and should be a staunch Kriyayoga practitioner.
All these qualities can be achieved through the blessings of the Guru which will be showered only if he is an ardent, sincere Kriyayoga practitioner.